Water is Life! Don't Waste It!
"We must connect the dots between climate change, water scarcity, and energy shortages, global health, food security and women’s empowerment." Ban Ki-Moon
In the northern hemisphere, spring is beginning to show her glory. This month, I would like to focus on the precious life-blood of our Mother Earth ... WATER! How can I (we) help to bring awareness to this precious resource? What can I do throughout my daily life to work towards saving this precious resource from overuse and misuse? As always, I am being led to share what I am learning and the practices that are helping me to become a more conscientious user of water.
* As I turn the water on first thing in the morning, I give thanks for the privilege of being able to do that as not everyone in the world has access to clean water.
* I mindfully turn the water off while brushing my teeth, rather than leaving it run down the drain.
* Throughout the day as I wash my hands, I give thanks for the privilege of cleanliness.
* I remind myself to nourish and replenish my body by drinking adequate amounts of water so my body systems function properly.
* I use water sparingly while cleaning dishes and cookware, turning it off while I am scrubbing and back on to rinse.
* As I go for my daily walks, I remember to pick up trash, especially plastic, as I am aware of the devastation caused by carelessly discarded plastic and how it makes its way into our rivers, lakes, and oceans.
This simple but profound intention has helped me to expand my awareness of this life-giving gift that I have too often taken for granted. How about you? I would love to hear your mindful water practices!